Friday 8 March 2013

Style Crush - Grimes

If you don't know already, Grimes (real name Claire Boucher) is an artist, musician and music video director from Vancouver, Canada. Her music has been described in many genres, including synthpop, industrial, dark wave etc, but the name I think is best is 'dream pop'-it matches the dreamy, gorgeous tone of her music. Her sense of style is just as gorgeous as her music, and I'm going to talk about both!

Oblivion

This is one of my favourites of her songs - it's simultaneously calming and energetic, PLUS the video is amazing, shoe-string budgets really bring out the creativity in people. I love her different  outfits throughout the video too.

PERFECT HAIR PERFECT COAT PERFECT GLOVES PERFECT EVERYTHING TBH
I was also thinking of getting a fringe cut like in this b/c it's so cute but idk whether I should?????



She's so cute yet so badass h o w



Genesis


The video to Genesis is pure magic and weirdness and just watch it okay just watch it trust me

That dress-simple yet gorgeous


Those ponytails are cuuuuuuute  (◡‿◡✿)

GENERAL STYLE

SEQUINS AHH

Pastel vibes and stuff


Is it even possible to have this much perfection in one photo???

Okay so to lower this post down, Grimes is perfect and her style is a huge inspiration; hopefully it'll inspire me to be more experimental with what I wear, makeup etc!

Sorry for lack of posts, I haven't been able to access the internet properly until yesterday! Coursework's been as heavy as ever but I'm coping slightly better than I did before, so I should be posting more regularly. I still haven't started my zine, but hopefully I should start it soon and be finished by around the middle to end of April at the latest; maybe if you've made a zine (or even if you haven't) we could do zine swaps and send each other cute packages and stuff 
(︶▽︶)
~Jade(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧


No comments:

Post a Comment